The history of Tims & Parker, Manchester

Geoff Tims' father John Tims opened up his first pharmacy in Little Hulton in 1947.

The Tims' next pharmacy opened up in 1964 in Leigh. The group expanded further and Geoff Tims became manager of the Salford pharmacy in 1971 and after 10 years moved to Little Hulton where he gradually took over the reins of running the business from his father.

Andy Parker opened up his first pharmacy in 1982 in Irlam and then 7 years later a second in Chorlton.

Geoff and Andy had known each other through their local Local Pharmaceutical Committee and decided to combine forces and merge in 1993 with a combined group of 12 pharmacies. Over the next eight years they expanded to a chain of over 30 pharmacies.

Through the pharmacy network, contact was made amongst the Directors, Peter, Jane, Geoff and Andy, and a merger was concluded in 2001 with approximately sixty pharmacies in the group at that time forming PCT Healthcare.

Sheffield web design & Sheffield SEO